Dimensions in Different Layers

There are many ways to control the visibility of objects in VectorWorks. The most basic are Design Layers and Classes. Objects can be placed into a Design Layer, for example, and then by going to the Navigation Palette/Design Layer column, and choosing Layer Options>Active Only, you will only be able to see the objects that reside in the one particular Design Layer that is the Active Design Layer (as shown by the little check mark in the Visibility Palette).

If you have chosen Layer Options>Show Others (or Show Snap Others, or Gray Others, etc.) then all Layers that can be visible will be visible, all together, at the same time. This can be very disconcerting to a new user.

If you have accidentally drawn the level 2 dimensions in the level 1 layer, then you will need to select those and Cut and then Paste in Place in the proper layer.

These are only two of many possible reasons for your issue. Post back if you need more...

FWIW, it is extremely helpful for you to create a signature (my stuff>edit profile, above) which contains info on your OS and VW's versions...

If you have accidentally drawn the level 2 dimensions in the level 1 layer, then you will need to select those and Cut and then Paste in Place in the proper layer.

Or, if cutting and pasting seems too risky, reassign selected objects to a different layer, or class, or both using the Layer and/or Class pulldown menus in the Object Info Palette:

Selected objects all change at once to the target layer/class. They will remain selected after reassignment.

-B

I have been doing some one to one work with Wes Gardner. Have a session with him tomorrow. Have some of Jonathan's books, also. Learning curve getting better every day. Tech support is very helpful also. I like using boards like this where real users are helping each other. I started learning drafting in high school in 1972. A little slow on the uptake due to my analog brain. I learn better by doing it rather than from manuals.