ID tags and rainwater pipes

I've been modelling my rainwater pipes as simple extrudes to each floor level. This works okay in that they don't need to be hybrid symbols because they show fine in 2D as well.

The problem is when we worked in 2D we used a symbol with a record format to label each rainwater pipe.

Any ideas for labelling what are now simple 3D extrudes? One way would be to create a separate 2D symbol with a record format I guess. What about the ID Label Tool, would that be of any use? I've never used it.

Are you trying to make them go away in top plan? If so just add a 2D locus to the symbol.

I've tried to make ID tags to tricks in the past, but there's something fundamental about setting them up that I don't get...

And that scaling the Z of a symbol trick really is genius. I'm stealing that!

mk

Don't suppose you have any bright ideas for bends and other changes in direction? At the moment I've just modelled them separately and they're visible in top plan.

Sorry not bright ideas on this one. When Modelling the bends I create symbols and class them so that I can turn them off on the roof plan / floor plan or which ever layer they would show up on. The Bends have always been a pain.

Are you trying to make them go away in top plan? If so just add a 2D locus to the symbol.

I like this trick, I will try this in lue of classing the bends for the RWL