Slow loading when switching between windows, exiting groups, using undo

I'm having real problems with the above, it happens on all drawings whether network or locally based and basically causes a pause of 10-15 seconds every time I switch between drawings, exit a group, or use the undo command.

I've tried repairing permissions and, on one or two occasions, it has helped, but then the problem comes back, and this time it won't go away regardless of what I try.

I'm running VW Architect 2012 SP4 on OSX 10.7

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by peterlukejenkins
  • 3 months later...

Hi peterlukejenkins,

I'm having the same problem here. We recently migrated from 2008 to 2012 and the problem started. We're working with referenced viewports (design layer viewports) a lot, and that seems to affect that behavior.

I noticed that it's significantly slower to enter/ exit groups if a referenced viewport is visible in the drawing.

If the viewport is part of another layer than the one I am working on (on which e.g. the group is drawn I want to enter/exit), switching is slow.

If the viewport is part of the same layer as the group, it gets EXTREMELY slow. There is a noticable difference.

Anyone having the same problems, or even better a solution?

Thanks