Multiple descriptions in the same database column

VWLP

I am having difficulty finding the right formula to allow multiple record descriptions in the same column. For example, I set the criteria of the first row to show all items with Record A and Record B. In column A I would like to show the item description. I was able to show the description for Record A by using the formula ='Record A'.'description' . However, I would also like to include the description for record B in the same column. How should I modify this?

I also have a bonus question of a function that probably is not possible, but it's worth a shot to ask. Is it possible to set items of a certain record to automatically show up in a different font color in the database?

Thank you.

Michael, thank you for your response. To clarify my example, objects will have either A or B records, but not both.

I am using VW2011 and for some reason was unable to open the attached file. If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to take a screenshot or paste the example formula?

Separate Records are going to make it challenging as you will have to define a criteria set that gets all of the objects that you need in the schedule.

As long as none of them have both records, you should be able to do something like:

=('Record A'.'description' | 'Record B'.'description')

where the vertical bar acts as a logical "OR"

Thank you, Pat. Your formula makes sense, but it is not working for me in practice. I followed it exactly and am getting the #VALUE! error.

I'm attaching an example in case anyone can figure out what is wrong.

Thanks, Lindsay