Roof Faces 3D View

With a roof like that, who needs enemies? I would suggest that you break it down into manageable pieces. If it was me I would begin by determining the structural requirements (i.e.: where does each roof face bear, are these trusses, or stick framed, what are the pitches of the various parts, etc) then draw/model the 'primary' pieces first. After that I would add in all the little over-framed portions, sheds, etc.... Also, I think Christiaan is correct in his assumption that the 'plan' is not perfect. In order to "prove" the roof, I would need to model it...

I just tested again the Roof faces on another project I worked on, in the project I originally used the create roof command rather roof faces, it was fine, then I had to ungroup it for other reasons, anyhow, I just took these faces that was generated by the create roof command and duplicated them then changed them to polygons trying to do the roof again as in recreating the faces again, I am facing the same issue.

Even trying piece by piece, it is the same issue, the 1st face is ok the 2nd out of alignment and so on...

I've tried taking the second floor plan as the roof plan to use the create roof, still no luck,

I've checked all the lines they are all good as 90? from line to line. umm,

I am almost given up on this project...

That roof looks wrong in a couple of places......basically if all pitches are the same then all diagonal lines will be 45?. Sorry missed the pdf below in your file that includes the pitches and wall outlines, however these comments still stand

Still you'll need to make some basic decisions before starting.

(1. Do I want all pitches equal? If so roof tops and/or gutters will end up at different heights.)

2. Do I want Roof tops and Gutters respectively at the same height? If so you will need to calculate all the different roof pitches.

3. Do I want equal eave overhangs? If so you need to have floor plans.......

It looks in some cases as if there are roof faces at a lower level than the main roof....

If you don't have more info than this........good luck!

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7608&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202012-07-05%20kl.%2008.10.40.png

Edited by Vincent C

I pity the guys that have to build this......and the guy that has to pay for it too :grin:

Your almost there though.......some of the roofs need to be at a lower level me thinks......

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7609&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202012-07-05%20kl.%2008.23.33.png

If you're going to use it for a basic material take-off I don't think it needs to be much more accurate than this anyway.......you'll need to have a certain margin for error anyway.

Edited by Vincent C