Siding texture very poor quality in Final Quality Renderworks viewport

I'm using one of the default content horizontal siding textures (Siding 02 Gray) ? it's one of the very simple and clear (non-fuzzy) ones. When viewing the model in my design layer, whether in Open GL or Renderworks, it looks nice and clear. When rendered in the viewport it looks horrible. I've messed with all of the settings I could think of, including the ones in Custom Renderworks mode, as well as the print resolution, but to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing? It's important that we can show our clients renderings that represent the cladding clearly and distinctly. In elevation viewports I could at least draw the siding lines manually in 2D, but that's not a viable option for perspectives...

Thanks Matt ? that certainly does improve the screen display! I imagine that the quality of printed output is determined by the DPI setting in the print dialog? In other words, if I want quicker VP regen times while I'm working I can keep the sheet layer resolution low but keep the print resolution high? Appreciate the help!

Cheers,

Markus

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You're welcome Markus,

I always keep the "Print Resolution" at the "Preferred" setting of 300dpi. As far as I know, this setting has to do more with the accuracy of vector data conversion and does not affect the resolution of bitmaps (including rendered images). The sheet Layer DPI directly dictates the printed resolution.

To complicate matters, the Export PDF option also has a DPI setting. I think this CAN affect the the resolution of bitmaps. If exporting a PDF, set the PDF DPI to the DPI of the highest Sheet Layer DPI used in the document.

• Like 1