Mechanical & Organic 3D Modeling

Investigate and read in VW help about the 3d modeling functions:

For organic items, NURBS tools in the 3d Tool set - incl NURBS Curves and Lofts.

Convert to NURBS commands for working with familiar 2d tools and converting the results to 3d objects

Model>3D PowerPack commands.

Shell

The Site Model/DTM functions are interesting for modeling, too.

Post back with a trial or two or specific questions and your forum will help!

-B

• 3 weeks later...

I too have just started looking into 3d NURBS. I have a friend of mine that asks due if I could do an accurate 3d model with thickness of a Toilet design. Ive done rectilinear and simple closed standard curve 3d object and composite object. However after looking at all the curves in a toilet I'm finding that it will be very challenging. If anyone is aware of any drawings on line that I could look at please point me in the right direction. I'd like to understand how to capture such an object. I'm thinking I need to cut it up in to pieces and create sections but getting then all to line up perfectly. Then there is the thickness issue. Ultimately I'd like to show the thickness of the material maybe even in a double wall configuration like a real toilet.

The nurds to surfaces tools are really cool. Don't have thickness until you use the shell solid command. However this command seems to have limits on how complex a nurds surface can be before it will render it.

Maybe this is beyond Vectorwoks but I'm not sure.

Anyway any thoughts and or suggestions are appreciated.

Good luck with 3d!!

Enjoy..

--Bryan Harding