Tools: key shortcuts

Durring each launch of the program, the last used mode will be the default mode. Of course, each time you restart the program, it reverts to the first mode button and all tool preferences are thrown out the window.

There is a shortcut key to toggle between the various mode buttons - "u" will toggle you thru the first set, "i" thru the secotnd set, "o" for the next, and in the few cases there is a fourth set, "p" will toggle you thru those.

"Durring each launch of the program, the last used mode will be the default mode. Of course, each time you restart the program, it reverts to the first mode button and all tool preferences are thrown out the window."

...uh, you mean each launch of that tool, right?

I know I can flip through the modes (I've assigned '1', '2', and '3') but I don't want to have to flip for EVERY first time I call certain tools.

Once you start VW, click on a tool and change the current mode, the next time you use that tool, the mode you just changed to will be the current mode. When you change the mode, that will then be the active mode.

When you close VW and open VW again, it will revert to the first mode button.

Interesting, when I close VW and start again, the Circle/Oval tool reverts to the SECOND mode button (Circle By Center & Radius). The FIRST mode button is the OVAL mode, which is usually the one I want. Of course I am using VW 8.5.2, so you probably don't care about it any more. We really could use VS support for selecting the Tool mode.

Raymond

They actually assign defaults based on a rotating alphanumeric system which cycles through the numbers in ascending order and the letters in descending order (z - a) except is the cyrllic alphabet and also excludes vowels and letters ending in y as pronounced with a cheesy russian accent.

I know this because I developed a computer program which detected this particular pattern.

Of course none of this helps anyone because it depends on the developers idea of what constitutes an "order" for VW commands.That is, Arc the first command to be assigned a default mode # 1 because it is alphabettically 1st (not that this is the order that it would receive its default (see above) but for the sake of discussion lets assume it is)or would line be first?????

Since nothing else makes sense in Vectorworks this would be a reasonable assumption.