Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Changing the default paramaters in a PIO

Hey,

I've made several PIOs now where I add standard values to use.

After a while I change these default values to something else but it keeps using the old default values. Restarting vectorworks doesn't change anything, nor removing/readding the object to my workspace.

Do I have to delete/rebuild the whole parameter each time I want to change the default value in the parameter setup itself ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Changing the values in the plug-in editor will set the default values for objects placed in a new document.

If you want to set the default values for a document, activate the tool then click the preferences button in the mode bar to set the document default values.

• 4 weeks later...

VW 2012 Spotlight w/Renderworks

SP4

OSX 10.7.4

I'm having a similar problem. In earlier versions, I've always been able to change the alternate names for the for the "Lighting Device" PIO in Spotlight for the 'User Field' Parameters. (Tools>Scripts>VS Plugin Editor>Parameters)

With 2012, whenever I change the alternate names, when VW is restarted, all that info is lost, and the Object Info Box goes back to listing the default fields "User Field 1, 2, etc).

Tested and this is true in the Win7 64 bit version as well.

If you're changing field names, I recommend copying the Lighting Device plug-in from the program/applications plug-ins folder to your user plug-ins folder. The copy in your user folder should supersede the application copy when VW loads.

That way, you keep a backup of the original plug-in as well as have a modifiable copy in a folder under your control.

-Josh