Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Magness

vwks 2011 crashes when going to front view

When I look at some of my architecture files, 3d models, in front, left, right, and rear views, but not in iso views, vwks 2011 crashes . It does this in wire frame, but not in open gl. Why ?

Kurt

Edited by Kurt Magness

Please list your system specs, OS, graphics card, processor, etc. Put this in a signature along with your version of VW to help us troubleshoot. Click on the My Stuff link, Edit Profile to create a signature.

I opened the trouble file on my powerbook and it seemed fine.

I reinstalled vwks and disconnected the tablet. The file still as issues.

I guess I will try to fix permissions with the apple disk utility ?

thanks

I am using a stock power mac without any special video cards.

Its so weird. The file is not that big only 32 gb. One other file does the same thing but every other one seems ok ? I kinda think there is some corrupted object in it but where to start looking for it or them ?

Duplicate the file.

go

delete half the objects and try to reproduce the crash

if successful return to go

If not undo & delete the other half

return to go

Well I fixed permissions and removed the wacom tablet drivers ( I had the latest ones installed ) . Now using a wireless logitech mouse with it's lastest driver. Now the file doesn't crash on front, left, right, back, views but does when I use the scroll wheel zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, quickly in succession. The wacom tablet I have is old so I think it's either not compatible with vwks 2011 or something else is wrong with it. So off to the trash for it. I will try a stock mac mouse and remove the logitech one to see if that affects the scroll wheel, zoom in zoom out issue.