Move doors with Reshape tool

Thank you both methods work, but I think what I will do on most occasions is to make sure the marquee selection goes around the end point of the wall on the side that is in the direction I am going to stretch. This way the doors move and all I need to do is rejoin the wall at the end. Another trick I can use is to break the wall at some point near the stretch so the marquee selection can go around an end point. It would be nice if the tool worked the way it had in the past. I used it this way every day.

Or use the Move command; a handy dialog box comes up with an arrow to indicate which direction it assumes you want to move it. Use a positive or negative number as you wish.

??? My Move command dialog only offers cartesian or polar coordinates. Where is this arrow? Would be great to have!!

-B

Indeed, but - or + relative to what?

What if the wall is angled 45??

By looking at the default direction of the arrow you can currently type in a + or - to make it go the way you want without having to deal with the "arrow button".

Edited by bc
Indeed, but - or + relative to what?

What if the wall is angled 45??

By looking at the default direction of the arrow you can currently type in a + or - to make it go the way you want without having to deal with the "arrow button".

Depends on the object, and the direction of the wall. It's easy once you know it. Most of the time -X is to left, -Y is to bottom.