Symbol disappearing from file without a trace

I have a symbol in our library that I keep bringing into a model and then it disappears without a trace after closing and re-opening the file. Not only gone from design layers but gone from the Resource Browser too. It's associated with a record format if that makes any difference.

Anyone come across this?

I think it might have something to do with Tiles (which I'm using as a fill) because I've noticed this in the Resource Browser as I've been re-importing the symbol each time. Blank Tile resources basically:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7427&filename=Tiles.png

Edit: it is the Tile. I removed from the symbol and the problem goes away.

Edited by Christiaan
  • 2 weeks later...

This is happening to me to! I have some hatches that don't have names and won't let me use or name them, they appear to cause problems with other files referencing this one. Or if someone else in the office opens my file with theirs open too it screws theirs up or quits.

I also have a symbol that has a piece of text linked to a record. It is a door tag, and there are a hundred of them throughout all my design layers. The record associated with this tag keeps disappearing out of the file completely (or shows up without a name and does't function like the hatches) leaving the door tag symbol unlinked and the worksheet scheduling all the doors empty. No idea why these resources are corrupt and why replacing them eventually leads to the same problem.