Put the light on the focus point

tyhoff

I'm trying to get some fixtures focused on the stage/people in the picture below. The beams for these fixtures are drawing correctly, but the light keeps rendering about 6 feet too high (z-direction). Never had any problems with focus points not rendering correctly before. Any suggestions?

Hallo tyhoff,

That behaviour could be related to a bug or slopy implementation, of the Plugin, that works togehter with the Parts Record of the Lighting instrument.

If the Body of your Lighting Instrument is not perfectly rotational symmetric (like a bucket), you get effects as in your rendering: Light rendered off the beam :-(((

See also here:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=33988&Number=167546#Post167546

I ended up getting rid of the Source 4 pars anyway and putting in ETC Source 4's which somehow fixed the focus point issue. It's weird that the pars are unfocusable in that file. It still seems like it's a bug that needs fixed in VW. Anyway, here's the latest picture pulled from VW. It still needs some Photoshop work before it's finalized.

The human figures are actually pulled from some SketchUp that I found online.

WOW!

This looks great.

I also had problems with the Source 4 lights.

There is a better version in a thread some where on here for download. (will go find it)

So do the figures have textures in the skp file?

If you import it as 3DS file it keeps the texture in VW.

The render come out good.

What would you alter in Photoshop? please post the final one here. I need a good reason to get photoshop installed on my machine.

Personally I think you should use a better chair which you could find in the VW defualt libraries.

here are the lights:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=165970&Searchpage=1&Main=24810&Words=source4&Search=true#Post165970

Edited by cad@sggsa
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had the same problems with Source4 PARs. I always just use light objects and drop the fixtures in but do not turn them on...

I strongly recommend anyone working in Renderworks to get Photoshop as well. I have discovered a lot of ways to cut my production time by keeping the amount of Renderworks rendering to a minimum and adding beam effects, shadows and texture in PS (CS5). Once you get a hang of layers, feathering and opacity, you can really do a lot