Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Magness

"mystery object" 2011 freeze

I have a file that has some object or objects in it that has been corrupted which causes the file to act really slow. The file is a 2 story house, not too complicated. When ever I try to move the mod floor plans around, it takes a long time to think about it then it moves. Sometimes spinning wheel of death shows up. Seems to act like a memory type problem.

Recently I had one floor of the model open, used the move command, it delayed then the layer display changed from "1st floor plan" to "mystery object". What ??? Never had that displayed before. I tried to zoom in look for the mystery object, nothing was showing up on the display, but the file froze up. vectorworks didn't crash, I was able to do a save command then reopen it. When it reopened it was zoomed way out in space from above.

How can I find this "mystery object" and remove it ?

FYI the file used to crash vectorworks and it would give me a out of memory message but I removed several revision tool clouds which obviously went bad . for some reason the added a zillion vertices to them selves when I trans lated the file from vwks 2010 I have also noticed sometimes stair objects get corrupted. I cut my stair out of the file but it didn't seem to help.

I ran the update plug in objects utility which was suggested by tech support but that didn't do anything noticeable and it found no objects to update.

Thanks,

Kurt