Rotated Views and Viewport Referencing

We have found an issue with viewport referenced drawings wandering in drawings when using rotated views.

For example, using three separate files:

Drawing A - Structural Gird.

Drawing B - House Plan.

Drawing C - Site Plans.

If Drawing A is viewport referenced into Drawing B and then Drawing B is viewport referenced into Drawing C all is fine. However, if Drawing A or B is saved whilst in a rotated view the viewport reference in Drawing C will move from its original position.

We have submitted this to VSS and Nemetschek, however I was wondering if anone else has had issues with multiple references and rotated views?

Dworks, thanks for the reply.

We understand the rotated view is a temporary setting ( a poor mans UCS in AutoCAD speak ), but i would not expect this result to occur when simply saving a file.

This and other issues we find with rotated views (i.e. add and clip surfaces giving unexpected results, space tools placing the tag line at world origin, align tools not working), these give me concerns over the reliability of VW when using rotated views.

I don't want to appear to be VW bashing, I just want to highlight an issue that to us as a practice is very important.

As such, I would be interested to know how others work with sites that are not aligned to the world coordinates and if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

I don't want to appear to be VW bashing, I just want to highlight an issue that to us as a practice is very important.

As such, I would be interested to know how others work with sites that are not aligned to the world coordinates and if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

You can, and there are still bugs in it.

We just rotate the site so we can work withouth the rotated view, it's just way easier that way for a lot of things.