Batch dwg/dxf conversion

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone can help. We have just switched to AutoCAD/Inventor here at our office and I'm hoping there is a solution to convert all of our drawings to dwg or dxf quickly. i can do them one at a time but this is not the optimal solution when you have roughly 5000+ drawings. Is there any way to do a batch conversion, or does anybody know of a 3rd party solution that could help?

Haha, this is funny. You think VW wants you to work seamlessly between other CAD applications and the greater working community. You expect VW to have a professional set up to save their users time, effort and offer them stability and ease of use.

In short no. There is no batch convert to dog/dxf. Nor can I find any third party, I looked as it has been a while since I let enquired myself.

Do you actually need all these 5000 drawings converted? Or can you keep a seat of few of VW and either finish the working of them on that or convert them as and when needed?

You may also experience another issue when converting to dog/dxf of classes, layers, groups, shades, line weights, line styles, text. Some drawings may well come out fine and others very bad.

I would be interested if you do need to do this, how you find the end conversation and the handling of it/them.

Have fun.

Q

As of right now the plan is to keep a seat of VW running and convert on an as needed basis. I was just really hoping (regardless of how futile it may have been) that there would be a way I could at least convert everything and then massage the necessary changes into each file as required. Sadly it appears that this will be an on going project of mine for probably the next 5 years.