2D Mulch

Hello everyone! I have always been using just a light brown solid fill for my mulch in 2D.. is there anything else that would be better? possibly more realistic or textured? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2012 Vectorworks Landmark w/ Renderworks on Windows

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I agree Ian - dense stipples can cause a headache for your computer. My advice is, once you've placed your stipple, use Modify > Convert to Group to turn it into simple 2D Geometry. Then it behaves nicely. You can even use this geometry to create a tile fill (but only with 2011 onwards).

When I use Stipples they always go on their own Layer and are only used for final presentation drawings

The Vectorworks Hatch tool needs a total rebuild and we must within the same Hatch definition be able to have not just solid backgrounds but also gradients, tiling images and better graphics

Also when using Hatches that show in Sheet Layer Viewports they should be able to automatically adjust to the chosen scale

To define or build a Hatch we should not need to have a degree in aeronautical engineering

• 2 weeks later...