Exporting from VW to PDF Problems

Steph

I am doing updates to a plan in VW and when I export the plan to a PDF it says there is an error in the PDF and to contact he person who made it. I had no problems exporting to PDF a few weeks ago with this file. All of my co-workers can open the same VW file on our server and export to PDF & view it just fine. I am also able to export to PDF in any other program (word, excel, photoshop, etc.) & view any other PDF, just not the one that I made from this file. I'm baffled by this one! Any suggestions???!!

The error message confuses me but, when you export, change the file name of the exported PDF.

If that works and you are on Mac, it may be an issue where you cannot export to a file if it's either already open (as you would expect) or the file name is highlighted in finder (which you would not expect). Don't know if this extends to files stored on server - it be that your co-workers are causing the problem.

I tried the system restart, my IT guy even tried a bunch of things but nothing worked. I'm not on a Mac and I have tried changing the file name and saving it in a different location as well.

Even worse; my co-worker sent the PDF that he exported/viewed w/o any error msg and sent it another consultant and they got a file corrupted message. So even though others in the office can export a PDF from this VW file just fine it still creates an error msg on the PDF - but only on this VW file!

I created it a couple weeks ago (and exported PDFs from it no problem) and the only changes I made were deleting things. The one thing I did add was a new base from the architect (which was in CAD originally). This base was the exact same base I had imported a few weeks a go but with some stuff removed. Could this be it?