Hi.

What you try is violation against the holy law of Hybrid Symbols:

Never rotate a Hybrid Symbol other than arround the Z-Axis

Why? Absolutely no idea.

The Way out:

- declare yourself guilty

- duplicate the Symbol,

- rename it

- modfy the 3D part inside the new Symbol according your needs.

Enjoy the new Symbol.

I made a library of TrussTop and Sidelight/Boom Vertical BAR's Symbols that way.

.... probably like everbody else...

Thanks,

That helped with rotating on some source 4's.

I do have 2 more questions though.

1. I am trying to rotate a JTE 8 lite mole. However when I try to rotate it the yoke separates from the fixture. the body seems to rotate but the yoke stays still.

2. Using generic pars, is there a way to change the color so when they render, they appear silver? There is just too much black in my rendering, + I would like silver to make it look more like the rig that I am proposing.

Thanks,

Andrew

The JTE 8 symbol is missing base geometry. The attached symbol has a c clamp added to make it behave. If you don't want the c clamp, edit it to have no line and no fill.

All Spotlight fixtures use the "default instrument texture" which is black and doesn't cast a shadow (so the light source imbedded in it isn't blocked). You can create your own and assign it to the PAR body geometry. The attached example has a silver reflective texture on the PARs. The reflectivity may cause render times that are too long, so you can edit it to remove the reflectivity.

hth

MK

Thanks mk.

I confess, I haven't tried that since .... ?

may be because I have my Library and I didn't expect ....

Guilty!

Horst

Old school! :)

I'm constantly finding things like this. Someone sees me doing a multistep work around workflow that I've been doing for years and says "Did you know there's a button for that?"

Doh!

mk