How to Tag a door that is drawn by hand

Our office only uses VW for drafting (i.e. 2D). The building shell tools are never used. We draw everything (old school). So given that, i am looking for a symbol, or plug-in to use for door tags, and window tags.

Is there an out-of the-box one to use? And, if so, where can I find it? I am thinking along the lines of the drawing reference tool, but for windows and doors (i.e. place a shape with text in it, and with a dialogue box (PIO)).

If not, what does everyone do in this case? We have a group made up of a shape and a piece of text that we copy and edit, but the geometry is on one class, while the text is on the None class; as is the group.

There must be a better way.

thanks.

Try these if you like. It's what we used in our 2D plans. To edit them select them and click on the data tab in the object info palette.

Have a look at the Record Format in the file too (in the Resource Browser). You'll need to understand how this works if you want to change them significantly.

Thanks Christiaan, I would like to take a look at it, but I am on VW2008. Would it be too much trouble for you to export it to that version?

On a similar note, I would like to modify an out of the box plug-in (Room Name) but it is locked. I am new to MAC and VW, and cannot figure out how to unlock it. Do you have any advice?

Edited by mmiles