Connecting slabs to masonry cavity walls with two cores?

How do you connect slabs to walls with two cores?

For instance many of the projects we work on consist of external masonry cavity walls with one core (i.e. internal leaf of masonry) and then masonry cavity separating walls between flats with two cores (i.e. both leafs of masonry).

Can't be done. I submitted a bug for this once and I though also putted it on the wishlist.

We draw those walls with two walls, where one will have the insulation between them. Then you can bound slabs by them more correctly.

Or if you only use one component on top of the core components, then you can edit the bounding properties of your slab to just go to the inside of the outer component.

Edited by DWorks

McMansions obviously don't have separating walls. How does Archicad/Revit deal with this?

We draw those walls with two walls, where one will have the insulation between them. Then you can bound slabs by them more correctly.

Sounds like a huge hassle. Easier to manually bound slabs no? Do you hide one of the walls? If not, how do you deal with doors?

Or if you only use one component on top of the core components, then you can edit the bounding properties of your slab to just go to the inside of the outer component.

Do you mean an additional wall with this method as well?

Sounds like a huge hassle. Easier to manually bound slabs no? Do you hide one of the walls? If not, how do you deal with doors?

It's not that difficult. It makes it easier sometimes when using references. I find it harder to manually edit the slab then using 2 walls. Where the doors are place, there is one complete wall, but because we must edit the slab anywhy, that's no real problem.

Do you mean an additional wall with this method as well?

Nope, I mean when your wall only have one other component next to the core one on the outside, you can choose to let the slab components bound to the inside of the outer component, that way the bounding will be correct, at least for our type of finish slabs.

• 2 years later...