french doors with different leaf opening angles

My clients want a set of French doors set into the corner of where a new extension projects out from the back wall of their house. They want the 180? opening, obviously only one door will fold back 180, the other will only swing 90?. It's easy enough to fit this type of door but can such a simple door feature be drawn in Vectorworks using the door plug-in I wonder. (please don't suggest Windoor though!!)

A hybrid symbol is a static object. There is no way to make it a parametric (ie. plug-in) object.

Attached is a hybrid symbol example using the Door PIO and Screen Plane linework. Screen Plane loci were used to limit the extent of the wall opening to the Door PIO width.

If you edit the 2D part of the Symbol in the file I uploaded you will find it consists of the PIO and some added Screen Plane linework.

Method:

- Use the PIO to get the door you want and then make a symbol of it. Make sure you set the insertion point at the PIOs insertion point in the wall.

- In Top/Plan View set the Plane pop-up to Screen Plane and have Show Other Objects in Edit Modes turned on.

- Right click on the Symbol and choose Edit 2D Part. Add the additional 2D linework you need to get the desired 2D plan appearance (make sure you use the appropriate Class for that linework so the added information is the same thickness and colour as the other 2D linework).

Note: If you change the PIO you will also need to edit the added 2D linework.

It is impossible for a PIO to cover all circumstances and sometimes you have to use Hybrid Symbols to get what you want. These can be modelled and drawn from scratch or they can consist of a PIO with added 2D and/or 3D information as I have done with this one.

Cadplan, I've just tried this again in a Design Layer to make sure it works:

- First I've I've created the symbol from the PIO.

- Then I've edited the 2D part of the symbol and added the required 2D Screen Plane linework.

... and it has worked. See image below.

Can you please try it again in a Design Layer.

• 4 weeks later...
Cadplan, I've just tried this again in a Design Layer to make sure it works:

- First I've I've created the symbol from the PIO.

- Then I've edited the 2D part of the symbol and added the required 2D Screen Plane linework.

... and it has worked. See image below.

Can you please try it again in a Design Layer.

I just tried it in your drawing, I can edit the door symbol ok but look what happens when it's dropped into the wall. This is what i did so maybe you can tell me where I'm going wrong-

1) drag a door in from the toolsets pallete

2) convert to symbol

3) edit symbol to add arc

The only part I'm not quite getting is the PIO. Do you mean that you drag a door in as in 1) ?