Cut paste walls

I notice when I am cutting and pasting a wall with windows and doors in it.. or an entire plane etc... all the windows and doors in the wall appear wacked out. I have to select each one and uncheck and check the USE WALL DEPTH in the object info palette. They then pop back into the wall thickness as they were. This is on 8.52. Am I doing something wrong in the cut and paste? I think it happens when you change to a layer of a different scale. I notice that other things like drawing titles do similar things. They will not show the new layer scale until you change the data in the symbol. I usually scale it and scale it back again.

Is there a way to universally select and reset these object that go whacky when you change scales?

Also why do arrowheads not rescale when you move them to a layer of a different scale?

the typical default arrowhead of .125" is ok for 1/2" scale but WAY too big for 1/8" scale. Again is there some way to rescale a layer and have the proportionality hold? Is there a way to universally rescale all the objects things that go whacky when you rescale a layer??

Layer one is a scale of 1:48 and scale text is check marked. If you copy a text block from this layer to another layer of 1:1 and 1:192, the text size changes if those layers have scale text checkmarked.

As for the arrow heads, I'm looking into that matter myself. I am not sure at the moment why that is.

1. The windows you are using (and likely the doors, too) are VectorWorks Plug-in Objects. When a PIO (even in 9.5.1) is pasted into a different scale, it will not recalculate (it will not re-execute the script). Don't ask me why the app is written like that.

2. Dimension features (such as arrowheads) are programmed to appear the same size as printed, in the same way that 12-point text will adjust itself depending on layer scale (this applies only during text creation, since copy/paste doesn't maintain text appearance size. In fact, it isn't resized, whereas the arrowheads are).

The tool which has drawing titles and north arrow misbehaves when you send one of these obkects to a new later. It often maintains its former layer attributes... which are out of scale for the new layer they appear on. To get these obkects to appear correctly, the text etc... you need to change the infor in the object palette. For example the scale continues to indicate the scale of the layer the Drawing Title was created on ... until you change some of its attributesd on the new lawer.

Also when you send text to a new layer.. sometimes.. or maybe always it has no text size when you select the text. It seems to be a unsized text.. but when you select a size for it.. it accepts the new size... What gives here>