Airplane design/drafting?

tamacn

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have not actually done this yet but know of a Strata and VectorWorks user by the name of Larry Travers that does car and truck models... and he sort of explained to me how he accomplishes them. He did most of them with MiniCAD 7 but what he told me was, he obtains a bit map image of whatever car he wants to detail in 3d and from all quarter angles and then he imports the bit map in VW and traces it, then he exports that and imports it into Strata 3D Pro and "Skins" the traces. I skin if you don't know is a 3d modeling tool called a skin and it works kind'a like an extrude or loft in that it will create a "plane" layer from all vector points in a drawing.... an EPS might work that way; anyway then he converts it to a mesh I am pretty sure and pushes and pulls vertices until he gets it the way he wants it to look and all that is left is texturing. Hope that, that may have helped. He, "Larry" watches the VW User List so you might want to post your question there and maybe he will see it and reply. Hope that helped.

Jerry