Scaling .dwg files when importing

I am trying to import a .dwg file, but I can't get the scaling to work out. I have click don even single size possible and none of them work. The drawing is either gigantic or way to small, and then when I try and drop symbols in they are the totally wrong size as well. I usually don't have any issue with PDFs, but the .dwg is making it difficult. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Thanks for this posting. I just imported an DWG and I get a measurement of exactly 1/2 the stated measurement in the drawing.

I ticked"set VW units to match and still get exactly 1/2 scale measurements vs. the stated measurement.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Unless I'm looking at it wrong (which is possible, I'm new to VW) the header I was looking for is not in the symbols. It's only instruments.

The file is under technical data/illustrations/Dimensions 2D, EC series triple header (DWG) (Rev. A)

My work around was to just rescale it in Modify/scale objects.

Then rescaling to a known dimension.

Sorry if this seems like a simple solution but perhaps other new user like me might not know about that command.

I was just surprised that the import doesn't come into Vectorworks in proper scale. It's the first time I've imported a DWG and wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Edited by RonHardy

I've had trouble getting some dwgs into VW at their correct scale too. I don't know why it is, but some files do not want to come in at correct scale no matter what settings you use. You just have to wind up manually scaling them using a known objects dimensions.

Monadnoc

• 5 years later...