Site model in section

Hi, I've read about a recent post similar to this one, can't seem to find it though.

I want to use an earth hatch and assign it to the "thickness" of the site, as seen in elevations or sections. Changing the class attributes to use a hatch applies it to the top/plan view, which I don't want.

No way I want to trace around the site in section and apply an earth hatch.

Please tell me there is a way.

Edited by Kizza
  • Like 1

thats funny, I only read that thread just the other day...failed to compute.

So you really need two classes then for the site model, one class with attributes for the site in plan, and the other for the site in section. Use the plan class as the default and use class overides in the section viewport when wanting to show the hatch by choosing the section class.

This appears to be another reason why we need to have section attributes controllable via the class.

Not quite...

Overiding the class in the section viewport applies the hatch through the extent of the view range

All graphical elements in 3D for the site are controlled via the DTM's graphic attributes. The class attributes which the DTM belongs to only controls the 2D appearance of the model.

But no hatch control...

Edited by Kizza
When I create a section viewport, the drawing title bubble for the viewport takes on the attributes of the DTM's class by default.

Why is that?

Perhaps a limitation/failure of the auto classing feature to properly assign annotations to classes.

i.e. a truly intelligent global setting that allows the user to pop all drawing labels into a specific class

Edited by Kizza

Still don't know why, but all of our dtm section cuts in section viewports can't be controlled by class. They always take over the attributes set in the attributes palette at the time we update the section viewport.

I find this very strange knowing that others can do it with classes, what's happening here? Has this something to do with the fact that I'm on a windows machine?