Edit Section Markers

Hi All,

I have searched thru many posts looking for an answer to what seems like an easy problem.

I have determined I can open the Section Markers.vwx file to duplicate a symbol, which can then be edited to look the way I would like it to look. In my case, I chose a section marker and deleted the arrow so that I could have a "Detail" marker. It is not clear to me why this was not already an option for me, but I get the feeling it was and that I just did not find it.

Regardless of that, I still need to modify it so that the Text will display within my "circle" without having to change the scale of the marker. I can do this by moving the text item up towards the center of the circle, but I cannot find how to do this. When I try to edit the source symbol, there are no text elements in the file.

so, does anybody know how I can move the text (i.e. 3/A-500) of the Reference marker symbol? Or, for that matter, can anyone tell me how the circle and line gain the text to make it a reference symbol in the 1st place? How does it get linked to the text?!?

thanks.

IF you mean the Detail Bubble tool, it is because the tag, or symbol, or marker (whatever you call the bugger) does not contain anything other than a single digit. I need to input a drawing number and a sheet number.

I started by using the Detail Bubble but got tripped up with the whole parts lists, bill of material lists thing - which is not how we are creating our drawings and specs.

The reference marker seemed pre-configured for this activity. However, I need to adjust the location of the text in the symbol, but like I mentioned, when opening the symbol to edit it, there is no text in it that I can see. Yet, when placing it, the symbol clearly has text attached to it. The symbol demonstrates no records attached, so it cannot be that....which means it is attached to the symbol some other way. But, how?

CLARIFICATION TO ORIGINAL COMMENTS:

I modified the section markers to include one that looked like a Detail Marker because I wanted a single tool to place a marker symbol and a line pointing to, or crossing through the detail I am referencing (in my project: baseboard details, casing details, crown moulding details, etc in elevation views) Hence my comments....however, this technique did not work for a few reasons.

My question remains: how can I change the reference marker(s)? What file are they referencing, and how to affect change to the text (i.e. move it)?

Edited by mmiles

Thanks Vincent,

I was attempting to use the elevation section marker tool, but ran into problems with orientation of text and orientation of extension line. So, I resorted to using the reference marker, and selecting "Detail", and then I manually added the line to point to the object that I referencing.

However, I want to change the default location of the text for that symbol - but, I cannot find where the symbol is located. Using the elevation section markers file as a reference, I see that I cannot change the default location of those annotations, so I assume the same is true for the Detail reference marker. I am just wondering how it can be done, so if I can find the symbol used for the detail reference marker then I can change that one.