problems inputing feet and inches into databar

I am having a HUGE problem when I try to enter feet and inches into the databar or the preference tool to any object I am currently using, ie, the window tool etc... I have the UNITS set to 'feet and inches' but I am not able to use the inches part of the measurement. If I type in for example, 10'6'', it will just make a ding sound and will not respond to the command. If however, I type in 10' (with no inches) it will work beautifuly...It will make the red dotted circle around the line that I want to use and it will draw it perfectly. Since I have to draw in the building and windows in my design, not having inches makes my layout very inaccurate. Please help...Someone.....:)

I always leave the inches " off. If your units are set to feet and inches Vectorworks doesn't need it. It will save you a lot of keystrokes.

Interestingly if I cut and paste the 10'6" from your post into Vectorworks I get the ding sound too. I would add a signature to your post (under My Stuff above) detailing your Vectorworks version and system specs. From a Mac perspective it seems like something may be wrong with your keyboard settings or font encoding. If I cut and paste the 10' 6" from Pat's post it works fine.....

Kevin

Thank you so much for responding.....I just bought this computer last night thinking my other computer was defective or had a really bad virus in it. I thought this time I'll get a Mac....I almost died when I had the same problem....Could both computers have keyboard issues?