Window ID tag on elevation and 3D views

Christiaan

Question

9 answers to this question

Yes, it does seem it is supported, but it turns out it's not as useful as it could be! The text only renders cleanly in Wireframe or, if it's the sole rendering mode in a viewport, Hidden Line. For our elevation viewports to be of use to us, we need Final Quality Renderworks, since the shadows are what actually make the drawing read well. However, under the Renderworks mode, the ID tags show up as a pixellated mess, even when you bump up the sheet layer & viewport resolution (not to mention that this makes for much slower output).

So it seems the only option is to utilize two stacked viewports: a Final Quality Renderworks VP below, and a strictly Hidden Line VP above. Why the ID tags go to hell once you combine the two in one VP is beyond me, and is a pain in the rear...

Does this square with other people's findings?

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by markuskolb

I posted a similar query a couple weeks ago, haven't received any response, and then found this thread. I'm having the same issue, albeit in VW 2015. I can't seem to find any settings that make any difference. If you zoom in to 500% and leave it there while it renders the text is fairly clear, i.e., the pixelation is small enough that it prints legibly. But that reduces the functionality of being able to work on other sheets while rendering is happening.

Edited by Kalen Jones
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I posted a similar query a couple weeks ago, haven't received any response, and then found this thread. I'm having the same issue, albeit in VW 2015. I can't seem to find any settings that make any difference. If you zoom in to 500% and leave it there while it renders the text is fairly clear, i.e., the pixelation is small enough that it prints legibly. But that reduces the functionality of being able to work on other sheets while rendering is happening.

Zooming in to 500% even when looking at a rendering viewport changes the results for you? Or do you mean when looking at a design layer?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Jim,

Strangely enough, the zoom level on the sheet layer effects the text quality in the sheet layer viewport. In cases that I need this, I typically zoom to 800% before rendering the viewport. I bug listed this awhile back...

I'll find it and see whats going on, that should not be the case at all.