Please explain how to draw angled truss with diff heights, attached symbols

I have read several forums posts regarding this topic and no one seems to have a definitive method to quickly draw a truss or a mutil-truss frame that is hanging at a skewed angle. The help file and getting started guide is rather vauge. Still searching for a reliable method. Using spotlight>visulization>create plot and model view seems cumbersome and confusing.

I need to draw circular truss and straight truss at very unique hanging angles and attach conventional and moving light fixtures to the truss. Then I need to be able to render the scene accurately.

I have had 2 LD's screen share with me very easy ways to do this in WYSIWYG and 3DSM. Can someone please share with me the proper workflow, and hopefully its as simple as it should be.

My emphasis is to show accurate 3D modeling of a show set.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Guest Frank Brault

Short Story:

Use the Hanging Angle field near the bottom of the list in the Object Info Palette. Enter 90 here to make the truss vertical.

hth,

Thanks, Frank.

I am aware of the hanging angle setting in the OIP.

I need to create truss frames with very odd angles and then convert them to lighting positions. When doing so the fixtures snap to z height 0" and i cant change them.

in other works imagine a circular truss frame with a diameter of 20'

the north end hangs at 30' and the south end at 35'

the truss is populated with moving light fixtures all the way around it.

any ideas?