Mouse Gestures

Bruce Kieffer

Question

9 answers to this question

Can BTT set that 2 finger gesture to middle mouse button ?

That is what I have set to my Wacom Pen.

This allows View Drag and (+STRG) Flyover.

Zoom should still work by standard Magic Mouse Scrolling

(at least as good as it did before)

(As my Pen has no scroll wheel, zooming with pen input for me is still a pain)

Yes, you can simulate a middle mouse click. What you can't do, is to switch between panning and zooming and keep both with smooth analog movement. At least I was not able to find any tool that does it.

In fact I am astonished that this is not possible. I am even more astonished that nobody seems interested in that feature. Maybe everyone has it already configured in that way and I just don't know how it ist done? Maybe nobody uses a Magic Mouse?

It would be so simple:

One finger on the mouse surface: Scroll (Pan) through the drawing in two directions.

Two fingers on the mouse surface: Zoom in and out.

Seems like a desirable standard to me.

Yes, you could do that, but it is not what I mean.

The top surface of the Magic Mouse works completely independent from the normal mouse function. It does not need any mouse clicks, mouse movement nor any selected tools. It is like having a regular mouse and an additional trackpad on the top of the mouse.

Currently you can only configure this trackpad on the top of the mouse to be either pan or zoom. It is like having a trackpad only for zooming or for emulating keystrokes. There should be more options to configure this trackpad. In my opinion it is the currently most neglected hardware feature.

What is even better, it could be configured to react differently, when touched with  one, two or more fingers. If you wanted to be fancy you could have 3-finger zoom, 2-finger flyover, 1-finger pan in addition to all your regular mouse functions. All that without modifier keys and independent from selected tools.