Stairs Texture

Hallo Hackman,

I also can't change the Mapping as mk suggests, not with the Stair, not with the Custom Stair tool. The Setting its not accessible through the OIP.

In the Case you show in your jpeg, I would model the Stair.

Its a bunch of Extrudes, that will be easy to manipulate after.

If you want to use the Stair Tools, you can try setting the Solid Strcuture thickness

very high. It lets the Stair look as you want, and you can independly texture the different Parts.

Hackman, you are using the Custom Stair Tool.

The setting peter posted is from the Stair tool.

VW has 3 Stair tools.

May be you have to get them through editing your workspace.

I did some further tests with the Stair tool, and setting the Solid structure thickness very high. As soon as landings are involved, you get funny results.

I think you will be much faster just modeling your Stair.

Edited by Horst M.

The setting shown in my post are from the "Stair" tool (the newer tool); yours are from the "Custom Stair" tool (older tool).

Unfortunately, the two different/discreet names are NOT reflected at the top of the respective Settings Dialogs... Only in the Tool Names and in the OIP Object Name...

In either case, configuring stairs can be very cumbersome. But on the bright side, once you configure one the way you like you can duplicate it...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest RMcK

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? We have many concrete stairs in our models and our concrete hatch through wither classes/textures/render mode all stretch the texture on the face of the stair. Please help!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 minute ago, RMcK said:

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? We have many concrete stairs in our models and our concrete hatch through wither classes/textures/render mode all stretch the texture on the face of the stair. Please help!

Apologies, I don;t understand the question, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? The above original post issue was the user not being able to find the texture settings, but they found them eventually.

• 2 months later...

Thanks @Alan Woodwell!

Where is this option? In edit texture we only have the following options: Plane, Flat, cube and sphere, trying all with no change to the visual.

We have the stair graphic attributes set up by class and have a concrete class with this texture applied.

In the obj info render options, we see no 'map type' settings, just by obj, or by component options.

P.S. we are using VW 2015 if this makes a difference???