Creative Minds

Hi

The creative minds competition isn't open to anyone outside the US however I thought I would do something in my spare time anyway :grin: . See attached :)

Everything is fully modelled in VW2012 and rendered with CineRender. I wanted to add a carpet I did in C4D (with Fast&Fur! Plug-in) but VW couldn't handle it. It had problems importing the 3ds file and crashed a lot and if it managed to bring it in, vw bogged down during navigation and become un-usable so I had to delete it. :( (btw, no problems with C4D-if I have some time, I'll do a rendering in C4D and post later)

Thanks guys.

For this image everything was done in vw.

Usually I do the building model in vw and assign basic materials to the model. I then export using the Cinema 4D export (NOT Send to Cinema 4D). I then do all the materials in C4D using Vray and I add all the trees, cars, etc. in C4D. I also do the basic land in vw using the DTM tools but in C4D I adjust the land more appropriately using the magnet tool in C4D. The basic rule of thumb is all rigid work (flat horizontal and vertical contructions) are done in vw but all the freeform stuff is done in C4D. C4D is much more powerful and faster with that.

There's a lot more to it but that's the basics :)

Cheers