Demo Doors and windows

Good Day,

I don't know when this broke, but I still have files that I was able to do it in, so I know it worked once.

Demo windows and doors.

Insert a door into your document, dash it, nothing, edit the class attributes or make a demo class, nothing... color lineweight no dash....

open an old file where I had simply applied the attributes directly to a door it is dashed...

open an older file where I edited the class attributes it is dashed.

Anybody with any thoughts? Our fairly obvious workaround is to make the door and convert to group, dash contents of group, call it a day. Obviously if you are demoing, it isn't like the size is going to change later in the project...

VW Architect 9.5.2 (and 9.5.1) Windows

Yes, Windows is appropriate.

They no longer get the dash style whether thru classes (i.e. demo) or attribute palette. No matter what, you have to ungroup them.Doors actually still work.

It happened after 9.5. At that time they still switched to dashed when you switched them to demo.

If I copy a dashed window from one of those old files, as soon as I refresh it, (i.e. change size or anything) boom, back to solid lines, no matter what you do.

We really need that fixed soon. I?m scared of these upgrades as they fix a lot and brake who knows something.

Thanks Giovanni ,

I was starting to doubt my sanity... smile.gif" border="0

It would be nice if things didn't break it is true, but in NNA's defense, I am able to increase my productivity +20%. I did have to change some habits, but once I did, I would no sooner go back than switch programs.

That said, I think they bit off a bit more than they could chew with all the changes between 8 and 9, the bugs and oddities that are still around reflect that.