Rounded Rectangle Line Weights Do NOT print correctly

ubybc

Question

So I drew two rounded rectangles side by side. Set the line weights to .50 Double checked the class options. No fill, no inheritance. Looks wonderful on the computer display.

Looks horrible on paper and slightly better in PDF. The line weights shift as you look around the rectangle.

I tired toggling quartz imaging, and rasterize before printing. No change.

I contacted VW support and they said basically and in a very nice way.....sorry, deal with it.

Anyone else have a solution?

4 answers to this question

Are you printing from a sheet layer? or right from the design layer. I suggest printing from a sheet layer as you will have more control over the DPI.

I believe sheet layers default at 72dpi, but you might kick it up to 150 or even 300. You do this by right clicking on them in your Navigation window, then clicking EDIT. You'll see the DPI setting.

The larger the DPI the longer the rendering time, but with a couple of rectangles you could go over 300 with no problems at all. If they are general 2D objects there wont be any rendering time.