Image Prop Auto Rotate

You can't flip an image prop when it's set to "Auto Rotate to Viewer." That's sort of reasonable, if you're employing the pure logic of a computer (maybe at the expense of the user interface...). Fine.

But it turns out that if you create a symbol of an image prop (a regular hybrid symbol that contains the image prop, not a symbol that just inserts the image prop as a PIO) your can flip it (to have a left-hand image instead of a right-hand image, for variety).

So, I've made a bunch of plant symbols, with arrows in their 2D components so that I can easily tell which ones are rotated 180 degrees. And it works great. Or so I thought, until I rendered my perspective viewport.

After yet another round of trying to figure out another one of VW's intuitive features, I'm forced to conclude that while image props in symbols can be flipped when viewed in straight-on and isometric views, they won't flip when viewed in perspective (camera) views. WHY?!?!??!?

These inconsistencies and their work arounds demand a lot of time. I guess now I get to make reverse-image symbols. Time. Money. And, twice as many symbols, to boot!