loft 360??

I am trying to add a molding that runs around the whole perimeter of a more or less U-shaped building. I have the "rail" (building perimeter) and the profile of the molding as nurbs curves. Now, if I try to lof the profile along the perimeter, it asks me for an end profile distinct from the starting one (so I can't do a 360? loft and finish where I started, right?). Now, I tried to work around this by copying the profile and putting it at the opposite side of the building. Depending on where I put the start and enf profiles, however, I get all sorts of weird results, ranging from "unable to loft" to a mess of random lines, even when the start and end are right next to each other! Any hints?

Its easier to use extrude along path.

- Draw your path as a polygon.

- Extrude the profile along the path.

- Edit the profile and move it relative to the origin in the edit window so that the extrude is located correctly horizontally.

- Move the profile objet vertically so it is at the correct height.

Note - if the profile has extruded the wrong way round all you need to do is flip it in the profile edit window.

[ 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

What the Loft closure procedure is seeking is a usable Path for your Profiles to follow. This is similar to a Revolve with Rail ... the NURBS curve of the Rail being the Path. In the 'U' Gutter case RWR creates unwanted radial extensions from the axis of rotation. Therefore, as mmoz suggests , your best option is the extrude Profile along Path. The result may require some end trimming of the NURBS surface.