Label legends on accessories

AliaS

I've been having an issue with label legends and accessories (FYI I change all of my accessories to static accessories), in that it applies my default legend to accessories.

The only way I found to fix this was to create a "No Legend" legend and manually apply it to all accessories/change the default when inserting them.

Is there a way to toggle whether legends appear on accessories, or make a separate legend apply automatically to accessories without needing to do this manually? I don't need a channel bubble for my iris...

Another somewhat related issue, when using auto numbering, the accessories are screwing up my counts. Example:

Instrument 1 = Unit#1

Instrument 2 = Unit #2

Iris on instrument 2 = Unit #2

Instrument 3 = Unit #4

Thanks,

Alia

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Which version of Vectorworks are you using?

2012 should default to no label legend for accessories when placed with the accessory insertion tool.

You don't have to have a label legend assigned to the accessories. Just select them all and delete the value in the legend field.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am using 2012; educational version, if that matters.

Thanks, I can just take the legend off, but it doesn't do it by default so it doesn't save me a lot of time. Creating the 'no legend' meant I could use that as the default when inserting accessories.

The autonumbering thing is actually the more annoying/time consuming of the two issues.

I do create/edit my accessories a lot, for instance making them all static accessories or using custom symbols. Could this have something to do with it?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The accessory insertion tool will default to not using a legend if the accessory is a static accessory, regular accessories have the default label legend attached . Once it is place the legend is under the control of the user.

Okay, but it's not doing that. I am using the accessory insertion tool, and they ARE static accessories, and the label legend is still appearing until I take it off.

Do you have any idea about the autonumbering?

I think it would be useful to allow the user to change these defaults, ie set a default for lights, one for accessories. Even if I wanted a legend for, let's say, an I-Cue, that had the address and the channel if necessary, I can't imagine when I'd want the legend to be the same.