White Card Rendering- Inconsistent window vs door glazing transparency

I love the Realistic Colors White Rendering Style setting available in VW2012, but I cannot get my door glazing to appear with the same transparency (which typically reads a nice black reflection unless an exterior opening is directly behind) that all of my window glazing has; all door glazing appears to be solid. There is no difference apparent when in any other rendering mode.

On the door class settings I have the Int./Ext. Panels, Int./Ext. Sashes and all Glazing settings the same, Style-Glazing 1 class that is a customized glass texture that is used for my window glazing class settings.

Is there some option I am missing or adjustment to get my door glazing to appear the same as my window glazing in this Rendering Style.

(I would include an image example but for some reason I cannot get anything beyond a postage stamp sized image with the image hosting sites I occasionally, and frustratingly use- Photobucket, and am a bit clueless how to include an image otherwise without my own website)

Edit- small image, the doors in the porch are glazed (French Doors behind left porch post, but read solid and glazing in upper front door)

2nd image may be clearer, French Door to the left main level

[img:left]Picture1-5.png[/img] [img:left]Picture2-9.png[/img]

Pat, Mr. Rendering Guru, I see you are online- can you help out a fellow Californian, User-Group Leader, any ideas?

Thanks for any advice

Edited by Damon Design
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Tad:

You should set your glazing to have no fill, otherwise any glazing polygons will appear opaque white. The glass texture will be ignored in the white style, because all textures are off, so the only way to make transparent things is to set them to no fill.

Dave thanks for the reply,

That makes sense except I am still having issues.

One, the Style-Glazing 1 class has no fill and is assigned a glass texture so that makes sense that the windows are giving me the appearance that you describe and that I want; the texture is ignored, but the doors with the same settings using the glazing class have a solid fill.

Two, just in case I have changed all the glazing class settings previously described on the door to a Glazing Clear class which I have assigned a no fill setting and no texture which would seem to be what you are describing but still appears to have an opaque glazing.

Any other settings I am missing or a concept I am not getting?

Thanks