Space Tool: complex numbering

I'd like the Space Tool to handle more complex numbering than simple consecutive digits.

For instance I'm working on a student scheme and each cluster of rooms has a prefix plus its own room number. For example 3-5 = cluster 3, room 5.

The current Space Tool can't handle this type of numbering as part of it auto-numbering. And it can't handle it using the Space Label prefix option either because we'd then have to create a separate Space Label for every cluster.

This could be solved if the Space Tool auto-numbering supported nonnumerical characters, decimals places, etc, such as: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm using vw2008 and working on a finish schedule and the room finishes and having trouble with how i understand the system is designed simple because i need more finish categories... for example i need ceiling material and ceiling paint as two separate categories... is there a workaround that you can figure for this? am i missing something in terms of how finishes work in this version of vw?

regards,

nicolas d'angelo