Windows not flipping in wall?

Hi...

Just so you are aware...

Walls in VW have an outside, and an inside. The 'left' side is always the outside. Baring that in mind, you need to reverse the sides of the wall in order for the outside of your window to face the outside of the building. I'm not saying the 'Flip' shouldn't work, but as a general note, this is preferably how you should draw...

HTH

• 10 months later...

Just to resurrect this one as I have been looking at this myself.

The left-hand side is the outside wall and if you reverse a wall any windows/doors will respect the reverse.

For flip window it does work for existing windows in walls but only for the open. Tricky to explain but the jamb and sash do flip BUT any texture will remain as is (although it does oddly realign). For example if you flip a window the interior jamb texture remains interior.

Flip window works when you copy a window (alt + drag) to another wall.

example: place a window into a wall and add interior architrave. It will respect the left as the outside. Alt + drag the window to another outside wall (not the same one but another that is travelling in the opposite direction) and you will see the interior architrave is now on the outside. Press flip and it will correctly go to the inside but then flip is back to working as above.