Shadows

Dybowski

Is there any way to get ground shadows to project onto an object that can be set at the correct level?

I have attached a snapshot of the issue I am having with the shadows.

Currently the shadow projection is offset from the building. i.e. the shadow cast by my supporting columns seems to go through the ground.

Any help on this would be great!

Hi this is still not working for me. How can I see the ground plane settings? Is it the case that the ground plane will always be set to "0" when looking in elevation?

I started a new drawing with a simple extruded box and am still having the same problem.

Could it be that the Heliodon settings are not correct.

Also I don't have "ground plane" as a pre-set working plane.

I would agree with everyone else that it seems like your columns/building is floating above your 2D plan drawing, i.e. ground plane. I would go to a right or front ortho view and make sure they are in their correct locations/elevations. It also might be a Unified View or Align Layers issue. And make sure your Layer "Z" settings are correct.

Monadnoc

My issue is that the 3d objects project shadows onto a plane lower than their base. I cannot seem to get the ground plane (the plane on which my shadows are cast) to match the base of my 3d drawings. There is no issue with lining up 2d objects in elevation.

To help illustrate this issue I have set up a drawing of a 3d cube, added the heliodon tool and as you can see the shadow is cast lower than the base of the cube making it appear as if floating in mid-air over the ground plane.

Turning to elevation the heliodon object and the base of the cube are at the same level (y=0).

This lead me to look at the point light tool and as you can see in the attached file using this method places the shadows in the correct location.

It seems to me that either I am missing some option/ setting in the Heliodon tool or that this is a genuine bug for the tool.

I hope this better explains the problem?