Improved Grid Bubble tool

VincentCuclair

Question

I would like to have added functionality in the form of:

1. Grids in multiple directions at different angles etc.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6934&filename=Multiple.png

2. Interactive dimensioning (like in associative dimensions).

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6935&filename=Dimensions.png

3. Some kind of reference/connection to alternative co-ordinate systems....georeferencing....stake tools etc.

4. Different bubble 'shapes' ie. Swedish building standards make use of both bubbles and parallellograms for primary resp. secondary grids.

Edited by Vincent C

11 answers to this question

Need I say more?

Oh, go on then.

5. Grids that work in section/elevation view

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=34031&Number=167774

So that the grid and storey-height setup are linked into a 3D grid. I should be able to see storey-height grid lines in any section viewport AND I should also be able to see the X or Y grids superimposed over these views too if I'm looking across them.

7. Lock Grid Position

The most important thing about a building grid is that it is an immoveable reference for the other building elements. The fact that you can't lock the grid position (like you can with a DLVP for instance) means it isn't foolproof. Sure, you can lock the object, but then you can't get to the settings without unlocking it, so a "Lock Position" toggle on the OIP is required that will lock the grid so that it can't be dragged accidentally.

Of course, accidental dragging is not something that should be available in a professional CAD/BIM application as I've said before - there should be a global preference to turn it off:

See Robust Foolproofing