recalculate worksheet

I have several records attached to several parts on a drawing to create a worksheet showing part numbers and costs etc.

When I alter a record that is attached to an item on the drawing the worksheet won't show the change when I recalculate, until I uncheck the record in the OIP and then recheck it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Michaelk

Here is a stripped down file with what I hope is a symbol with an attached record and a corresponding worksheet.

If I change the record info the worksheet doesn't show the change after recalculation.

Thank you for your help

Guy

I am not seeing that in the file you attached.

I can edit the record in the Data tab of the OIP and recalculate the worksheet and it shows the changes.

I can edit the worksheet and the changes show up immediately in the Data tab.

Have you tried it on your sample file? Could it be corruption in your larger file?

Ah.....what I've been doing is editing the record through the Resource Browser, which doesn't seem to work but using the OIP does.

If I alter the record through the OIP for one instance will it alter all the instances on the drawing?

If I alter the record through the OIP for one instance will it alter all the instances on the drawing?

It appears it doesn't.

So therefore how can I alter the record for all the instances that have the same record attached?

If you edit it through the Resource Browser you are changing the defaults. Only new symbols inserted after the change will reflect the changes.

If you need to edit multiple symbols that have already been inserted you can select multiple symbols in the drawing and then change them both in the OIP.

Or even easier since you have the same symbols SUMMED in the worksheet is to change them there. It will change all of the individual records at once.