Full Wall Mirror Texture

Hey all,

I'm using VW2009 Spotlight w/ RW. My main use is for lighting plots and paperwork, but a client has asked me show a rendering of a full wall mirror for a project, and I'm having a b*tch of a time trying to figure it out.

I've been messing around with the textures and RW options, but am having limited success (that is to say, none). Any nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just set the texture to reflectivity 100%. Of course, what a lot of people don't realize is that there might not be anything to reflect from the angle you are rendering it at. Which is why your rendering probably shows up black in the mirror.

so you can put something off camera at the right angle to reflect in the mirror, or just change to mirror texture to something that looks like a reflection.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Also, bear in mind that if you are rendering with lights, the light sources themselves will not be visible in the scene - just the light they emit hitting other surfaces. In 2011 and above, you can use textures with reflectivity set to Glow to create something that looks like a visible light. In earlier versions of Renderworks, you can create a texture with Constant reflectivity as the same idea.

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old discussion, but wanted to add a request for something which would be amazing!  Or maybe there is a way to do this already which I don't know, which would be even more amazing!

So I'm drawing a small bathroom and to get a good perspective of 2 walls and floor I've removed the wall to the left.  BUT there is a mirror on one of the walls and it would, inreality reflect the wall opposite which I have removed - then you would see a heated towel rail on the removed wall and the texture of that wall.  It would be a great way to show the full design.  But of course because I had to remove that wall to be able to see into the room, these features are not there.  I was thinking that it would be brilliant if you could select in the mirror texture which classes should be turned on - so I could put wall and towel rail on classes which are turned off in the main view but not in the mirror.

Does anyone know if there is already a way to do this, or has anyone had a similar issue which they have overcome in another way?