Can't scale 3D plants with Textures

Hmm Yet more plant problems.

If I stick one of the many half decent 3D plant models out there in cyberspace into the 3D section of a plant object they work fine apart from when they have to be scaled and they have textures. The model scales but the texture doesn't.

Am I missing something?

I'm going to post this in the Landmark section as well

Vectorworks does not support UV mapping with textures (as far as I know - I asked about that months ago but never got a response, it certainly isn't an option in the pull-down mapping type menu) so any model brought in with textures that are non-tiling will not scale.

Hopefully a future VW release will include UV mapping now that C4D is a part of it.

Monadnoc

Thanks, it looks like you are saying it won't do it but, just to be sure, what does "UV mapping with textures" actually mean and how do I know if my texture is "non tiling" or not?

I only ask because your answer implies that it might work if my texture is "tiling" ...?

Cheers,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Ok have read wikipedia on UV mapping etc. Tiling textures seems to be an option you can set within the definition of the texture and all of mine are tiled so it isn't that.

What has just hit me is that the image props scale just fine and they are basically textures wrapped around a 3D polygon.

Why do they work and 3D plants not...?

Matt