Site Model

lucylou

Hi

I have to create a site model with 3d terrain but have no idea where to even start. I'm sure its possible, we have had a digital survey of the site carried out, so we have the data... but now what do I do??

I've looked on the help topics but it seems a step beyond what I am trying to do and I don't really understand the lingo!

Thanks in anticipation

Lucy.

Thanks Ozzie

I have literally selected all my 'Levels' and clicked Create Site Model which has nicely made it 3d, however they are just dots and not a solid 'plane'. In the link you sent, they have created contour lines, do I need to do that first?

Please note I only have Architect and Renderworks, not Landmark.

Many Thanks,

Lucy

The workflow I use is to import the survey and either draw over or convert the existing contours to 3D polygons. The height of the polygons can be set in the OIP.

If you use an imported survey, the contours may be "broken" i.e. not a continuous line. You will need to join these segments together to form one contour line before converting to 3D poly's.

Good idea to keep one untouched unmodified copy of the original survey in a design layer in case you need to step back.

For more info see page 284 of the design series manual (some info applicable to Architect)

So how did your hissy-fit declaration a few months back that you were going to "revert to using another package" actually work out?

I am sure lots have hissy fits sometimes

maybe the Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual from Nemetschek Vectorworks would be useful for you...

Maybe it would help more if someone just explained it here and I continue to wonder ......WHY ....

NV does not put up better training videos for all of these sorts of things openly and fully rather than relying on external trainers

Isn't it logical NV sells VW licences - the more free training they provide means people can learn how to use VW and therefore because the resources are there they buy it?

Edited by Ozzie