Workgroup Referencing: please kill off

Christiaan

Question

Workgroup Referencing causes an endless series of problems. If it can't be killed it off completely by way of a cruel slow death can we please demote to a legacy workflow and work something else out.

My latest fun times: attempts at exporting a 3D model to DWG pulls in all the referenced layers within a referenced file that are all turned off in the referenced file. So I'm getting every single 2D plan and elevation that I'd been using to project off when producing the model.

Any attempt at a 3DS export results in all the Storeys being exploded apart, and I wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with WGR too.

A week after offering a model to our rights to light consultant I'm in the position of having to explain that we can't provide it...

Edit: I sent the DWG file anyway and explained that our software uses an antiquated file referencing system that means it would be easier for him to remove the unwanted data than for me to do it.

Edited by Christiaan

5 answers to this question

My latest fun times: attempts at exporting a 3D model to DWG pulls in all the referenced layers within a referenced file that are all turned off in the referenced file. So I'm getting every single 2D plan and elevation that I'd been using to project off when producing the model.

Christiaan,. I'm not completely clear on exactly what settings to check and uncheck yet when it comes to different dwg export situations however make sure to experiment with these 3 settings first, the solution to the above named issues might lie hidden there.......

It seems to me that the expected behavior is bugged.

While the class & layer overrides cannot be preserved the class visiblities are preserved but not the layer visiblites.

I'd like to see some attention being paid to Viewport visiblities /overrides/use of the Visibility tool and a snip/snap DWG export interface that doesn't need a low moon over a still lake to comprehend