Custom selection confusion

Hi all,

I have just learned about the custom selection tool and been experimenting with it. I am trying to select lines with specific settings - class, line style - to make a global change to them. However, once I have set the criteria, and the dialog box displays the large number of items selected, and hit "OK", all the items become unselected. In other words, the dialog box closes, and nothing is selected.

Yes, I have the Select, or Select only option checked. So....what's the deal, why is there nothing selected from using this selection tool?

My situation is this: I have many drafted elevation views with lots of groups that contain lines that were customized in terms of line style and color. I have made a new class with those specific attributes, and now I want to select all the lines - many of which are in groups - and move them to the new class, and change their attributes to be set "by class".

Sometimes is works, but it clearly is not selecting them all even when selecting the boxes for symbols, and other things. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Edited by mmiles