Dimensions: text needs to be above witness lines always

Christiaan

Question

9 answers to this question

You can make your own dimension styles and handle it within that.

This is one style we have if the dimensions is unlikely to fit within the lines.

If you look at the second picture you will see the Edit Custom Dimension Standard dialogue box

On the far LHS you see the 1.59, this is the text distance above the base line. Then the third line 3.17 is the height of your dimension lines above the base line. Working with these figures will get the desired result you want.

Thanks Q but it's not the layout of the dimensions I'm concerned about. It's that the witness line is drawn forward of the text. This needs to be fixed so that the text is always forward of the witness line (so that when they do overlay each other the text obscures the witness line rather than the other way round).

Oh I see. Although this fixes it as well if your text is always above these lines.

I take it making the text have a solid fill would have other implications that you would prefer not to deal with?

Those aside, it would make sense to have a default of text infront of these lines.

I have no idea. Since we have had out macs upgraded, certain things seem to auto change, I cannot get the english dictionary to work in any application.

I can only assume it came in here.

I used to love mac's but since using them on a day to day basis I am fast turning into a hater.